- Adding New Section
- Adding Valves to an Existing Manifold
- Clanging in pipes
- Cleaning Valves in Spring
- Controller compatability
- Do Hunter PGP rotors come with nozzles?
- Extend rotor
- Faulty Transformer
- Finding the Right Valve Model for Replacement
- Full Circle vs. Adjustable Rotors
- How to Adjust Hunter Rotors
- Leaking Sprinkler when System is Turned Off
- Maxi-Paws and sprays on same zone?
- OPN message on Irritrol Controller
- Pipe under driveway
- Pop up sprinkler sizes
- Pop-up Sprinklers
- Rain Bird Sprinklers Not Rotating
- Rechargeable 9v Batteries for Controllers
- Replace Richdel valves
- Replacing maxi paw sprinklers
- Replacing Spray or Impact Sprinklers with Rotor Sprinklers
- Setting Clocks made Prior to 1999
- Split Copper Tubing
- Sprinkler that seeps
- Sprinkler Zone / Valve won’t shut off
- Sprinklers vs. the Lawn Mower
- Take out unneeded sprinkler
- Timer comes on by itself
- Turn off sprinkler
- Valve Box Location
- Valve won’t operate
- Valve won’t stop / close
- Weed Barrier Fabric for Privacy
- What replacement head do I need?
- White Screw Driver / Adjustment Tool
- Zone not working
- Zones won’t turn on
My sprinkler heads are constantly being destroyed by my yard guy. They are set up a bit high, and the mower gets them every time. My grass is thick and high. What is the tallest pop up that you carry?
There are two issues that appear here: 1. Sprinklers are sitting a bit too high. * Sprinklers on risers: – You will need to change out the riser style to swing joints. You will need to either purchase a swing joint or purchase funny pipe and adapters. This will give you the flexibility to adjust the height of the sprinklers in the ground. * Sprinklers on swing joints: – Dig down around the sprinkler and lower it so the top of the sprinkler is flat with the ground.
2. Need a taller sprinkler. * The most common size for spray heads is 4″. If you have 2″ or 3″ heads then you definitely will want to replace them with 4″. Remember sizes are determined by the height they pop up and not the length of their bodies. You will need to use a swing joint (see answer above) to install a taller sprinkler.