You have no items in your shopping cart.
Automatic Drain Installation
Click here to see Automatic Drain products
Automatic Sprinkler Drains have been one of the most beneficial products to change the sprinkler industry. Automatic sprinkler drains, when installed correctly have eliminated the need to blow out your sprinkler system for the winter. Essentially the automatic drains "blow out" the lines every time the water is turned off. This saves a lot of time and expense, and protects your sprinkler system against rogue freezes.
• Install drains at all low points in each line.
• Install drain at a 45º degree angle to the ground (facing down).
• Dig small pit under drain and fill with pea gravel. This allows for better drainage.
• Line pit with landscape fabric.
• Gravel should cover the drain.
Note: Red King drains are for the mainline. White King drains are for the lateral lines.
It is easier and less expensive to install more drains at the time of system installation than it is to go back and make repairs later.